Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Book Review - Flirting with Fortune



I was lucky enough to receive an advanced copy of Erin Knightley's Flirting with Fortune.  Let me tell you, this was a fantastic read!

This is the third book in the Sealed With A Kiss series, although you can read it without having read the first two. (However, they are both greatly recommended!) 

The story revolves around Lady Beatrice Moore, a woman from a wealthy family, and Sir Colin Tate, the son of a famous artist who is trying to make good on his late father's debts.  Lady Beatrice would rather focus on her art than deal with fortune hunters out looking for a rich wife.  But after a surprise meeting with Colin, she finds herself intrigued with him.  Colin, whose father was an artist that Bea admired greatly, has come to England's high society with the goal of finding a wealthy wife. This is not because he is a horrible man, but rather because as the head of his family, he needs to take care of his family back home in Scotland.  Colin finds himself falling in love, but struggles with the inner conflict of his original quest. He knows if the truth comes out to Bea, she will never forgive him.  But how can he turn his back on the woman he loves?

I have to say that Ms. Knightley's style of writing is wonderful! One of my favorite scenes in the book is when Colin and Bea share their first kiss.  As she leads up to the kiss, I actually had butterflies in my stomach the way I did when I kissed my own husband for the first time.  Ms. Knightley is able to write a scene where the reader feels as though she is living through the main characters. You can't help but be excited when they are excited, smile with them in their happiness and cry when Bea's world is shattered with revelation of the true reason behind Colin's search for coming to town.

Flirting with Fortune will be available on September 3, 2013.  I definitely recommend adding it to your to-be-read list!

No comments:

Post a Comment