Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happiness is... the last big event of the summer

Every summer since I was a little girl, I looked forward to a local fest that is held every August. It's right down the street from where I grew up, so it was always an easy walk, and we would spend the weekend there - walking around, eating tasty treats, and just enjoying the atmosphere. It signifies the end of summer, even though school doesn't start for another week. But I always looked at it as the big summer blowout party. Once I started having kids, the amount of time I was able to go dwindled.  In fact, this was the first year we took the kids for both days, and spent a good amount of time (and a vast amount of cash) there.

I am so glad that I was able to show my kids this great time and continue on with my end of summer tradition. From the parade to the corn dogs and funnel cakes to the much-loved dragon ride, culminating with the great firework show... this was the best fest I had ever been to. (Not counting that one time in high school when I picked up a carney.... ;) )


Getting dressed for day 2, wearing
the tiara she won the day before

 



Yes yes and yes




2 comments:

  1. What a super fun day for the kiddos! (We must have deets on the carnie!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun day. And...um... Miss Keira... where's my tiara??????

    ReplyDelete