Dear A Good Night's Sleep,
Hey, it's me. I know it's been awhile.
I... I just wanted to say that...
that I miss you.
I don't know how long it's been, I'm so tired I've lost my ability to count past the number three. I don't really have an exact reason for not seeing you in days. Well wait, yes I do.
- Idiot neighbors who party and set off fireworks thru the night, which then wakes my kids
- thirsty kids
- kids with ear infections and lots of pain
- kids with molars trying to pop thru and lots of pain
- kids who leak thru their pull-ups, then cry because they can't wear their favorite shorts to bed
- kids that wake at the crack of dawn, then ask if they can play Fix it Felix on my phone
- that little girl with the long hair who stands (somewhat creepily) next to my bed staring at me because she needs water...
I'm not sure how much longer I can go without seeing you - just once. You know, for old times sake.
But sleep - I'm a mess without you. My little fashion diva, dressed in an Ariel costume, light-up princess shoes that are two sizes to big, and wearing three purses, questioned my outfit. I actually found myself considering her advice! Not to mention, being up all night makes me astutely aware of how my husband continually turns the air conditioning up so it doesn't kick on all night. I'm stuck consoling a 7 year old or sleeping on the floor in the twins' room in a hot, stuffy house. And I just don't do well in hot and stuffy atmospheres. Makes me want to smother the guy sleeping soundly all alone in our queen-sized bed...
I just hope that we can be together soon. Hopefully not during the day while I'm supposed to be working in my quiet, air-conditioned office, but soon. In about 12 hours.